Alfred Devanesan Samuel
firstname.lastname@example.org | +91 9962549339
Self-motivated with the ability to organize, prioritize, multitask and work independently
TransGene IT Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
|Senior User Experience Architect|
|Jan 2018 to till date|
|Design Lab, Bangalore|
- Leadership: Defining the overall UX strategy for TransGene’s web, mobile and tablet apps and desk top products
- Redesign of www.transgeneit.com
- Rather than offering a one-size-fits-all approach, concentrating to address specific needs and problems of a targeted audience.
- Redefine the corporate identities
- Work on a design specification to attain consistency in design and aesthetic
(web , mobile and tablet app)
Verizon Data Services India Pvt. Ltd.
|Senior User Experience Architect|
|Jun 2014 – Dec 2018|
|UX CoE – Design Lab|
- Hired the best creative brains to build the User Experience Center of Excellence
- Led the Wireless UX team in India and US.
- Focused Agile design delivery methods to demonstrate design thinking framework.
- Managed the team of visual designers, user experience designers and front end developers in both onsite and offshore.
- Established a successful business UX process in Internal and external team. Collaborated with 3rd party design agencies from US, Verizon Design Central and internal teams for a consistent look and feel of all the applications.
- Set the stage for the teams to be more productive in 3 different time zones.
- Mentored and guided the team at regular intervals to make them ready to move to the next level in a friendly way
- Conducted 1 hour fun activities on every Friday – creative team building
- Made a successful process change in VDSI on-boarding experience, and formed a new process which saved the on-boarding time
- “My Verizon For Business app” – Mobile native app adoption increased by 130% within 9 months ( actual target was to improve by 100% in a year)
- My teams unique design patterns got included in the Verizon design central
- All star award for best mobile experience to customers
- Delivered the entire mobile native app from VDSI for the first time.
|Senior User Experience Architect|
|Jun 2012 – May 2014|
|UX CoE – Communication Design Group|
- Blessed to be in the family of a fabulous bunch of researchers, designers, developers, testers and thinkers.
- Led creative folks community from Communication Design group CDG
- Key player in winning mega projects by responding to “Response for Proposal” in Infosys
- Applied UX design methodologies for software and products in line with client brand strategy.
- Created optimized concepts, design direction and executed overall visual domains.
- Collaborated directly with clients from all over the world to establish project parameters, and analyzed similar websites (competitive analysis)
- Delivered various cross platform user experience and design strategy in mobile, tab and desktop applications (RWD).
- Translated customer comments and field research findings to UX improvements.
- Expressed design and behavioral elements through wire-frames, flowcharts, storyboards, interaction design, design specifications or functional specifications
- 5 Star Award – Logistic Mobile App – simple, clean and usable design
- On the spot award for an Australian Telecom corporation’s web application
- Brought 2 new projects from a heuristic report from Kuwait
- Often traveled to several engineering colleges and reputed universities as a chief gust to talk about latest industry trends.
- Served better experience to Middle East clients at onsite specifically on Oil & gas industry projects.
Tata Consultancy Services
|May 2006 – May 2012|
|Web 2.0 Innovation Labs|
- Was instrumental in building corporate intranet portals (crowd sourced)
- A mega internal knowledge management portal
- A internal idea sharing portal
- A internal Question and Answering portal
- Provided consulting, product definition, and UI architecture to clients from South East Asia and Europe in Web 2.0 space
- Hired, evaluated and mentored user experience designers.
- Responsible for analysis of business and end user needs through discussion with stakeholders, requirement analysis and derivation of design strategy, task analysis, information architecture and wireframes.
- Provided creative and strategic ideas to create an original insight for new business proposals.
- Supervised the team of creative people in making of features definition documents, business requirements, user personas, interaction models, self-explanatory wire-frames and functional specifications.
- Track record of leadership roles and responsibilities that demonstrate experience directing, mentoring and developing design and research teams, guiding and managing the team members and their work programs.
- Prepared UX metrics for estimation and future references.
- Identified key UX problems – both articulated and unarticulated
- Evangelized key UX findings to counter skepticism from people who do not understand UX
- iGnite – a program for non-computer science students (Core mentor)
- Delivered several Heuristic Evaluation studies for most of the Asian clients.
- Occasionally visited educational institutions as a Tech Talker – Chief Guest
- Worked with senior most leaders on a POC for workstation for employees after 10 years
Prism Vision Networks Corporation Sdn. Bhd.
|Mar 2003 to Mar 2006|
|Research & Development Lab|
- Was instrumental in building corporate intranet portals
- Established a successful product development process from idea conception and prioritization to process for design cycles, functional specifications, and technical implementation
- Introduced a systematic approach to user-centered design
- Managed developer, testers, designers
- Played key role in branding, visualization, creating corporate identity concepts and design of all Products and Services.
- Worked with Prime Minister’s Office.
- Designed multiple large sites directly for Malaysian government, especially their election result portal.
- My user interface & User experience design helped in getting the Multimedia Super Corridor (MSC) award.
- Designed several e-governance, e-commerce, e-learning portals.
Sunrise Interactive India Limited
|Senior Web Designer|
|Jun 2000 to Dec 2002|
Head office: CA, USA
Presented solutions to complicated requirements to easy to use User Interfaces for US market.
Created wire-frames, site maps, application flows and interaction diagrams for mobile and web-based applications based on client business and functional requirements.
Projects handled: indianmovies.com | netguru.com | indiapost.com | sunriseinteractive.com | dvtronics.com | evaahan.com | anaheimembroidery.com | imagegarb.com | reliacesoft.com | priyafoodsonline.com | spicebag.com
Mahamane IT & Services
|Software Engineer + Web Designer|
|Jun 1999 to Jun 2000|
Designed corporate web site and few IISC lab websites.
Showcased the skill in designing user friendly from in Visual Basic hospital management application.
Shreyas Systems Private Limited
|Jul 1995 to Jul 1996|
Designed for print media
Brochures, pamphlets and other promotional material used for advertising