Last Saturday I attended a discussion forum with all the teaching staff of Velammal Institute of Technology, Chennai. Predominantly Computer Science + IT department professors were the target audience.
Few interesting points which came out was
- How to make the student study interestingly to all the subject?
- What courses will help them to grasp good job?
- What is industries R&D team infrastructure?
- How to inspire the students?
- What is the current generations students day to activities?
I gave an inspirational tech talk to students from 100 over colleges gathered in National Engineering College, Kovilpatti.
My presentation covered a range of sub topics like
- Latest technology trends in android
- How to prepare themselves for the android IT market
- How to upgrade and keep up to date knowledge savvy
- Corporate specific interview tips
- Hot to make use of internet to build their online footprint
- Why to do a real, real time project ( without buying them from a computer center)
- Department wise software and certification courses to be learned.
After the tech talk inaugurated (launched) their portal which was exclusively built to serve student project related needs.
Unity together for UX is a Yearly UX meetup event by iNatutix.
I and my Verizon designers Prashanth and Rajesh participated this event. In the morning session there was an open challenge to team How to leverage the latest technologies to enhance the experience of the current tech savvy employees. So the it will become a win win situation for both employees as well as organisations.
- Duration – 3 hours
- Process to be followed – Design Thinking.
- Interviewed an employee
- Created a persona
- Created a user journey map – identified the pain points
- Created a idea infographic to address each paint points with solutions
- Created a paper prototype for mobile app + wearable gadget
- 10 minutes presentation
- moved to the second round
- 3 minutes presentation
- judges marks + live voting from participants
- we grabbed the first price
Prize : 3000 rupees per head, Alfred Devanesan Samuel, UX Architect Verizon, Winner of iNautix 2016 Designathon
We learnt a lot from the 2 inspirational speaker
- Prahalad Kakkar
Award winneing ad film director
- Ashley Blankette
Head UX, BNY Mellon, Pittsburgh