If we put some extra little bit of effort, it will reduce the pressure to developers, and we could avoid an ample UI bugs in the testing phase.
- IxD Process and Methodology’ Workshop Week Four for VDSI 13rd to 18th February 2017
- Alternative Design Concepts and finalizing the Concept by Ravi Poovaiah
- Creativity Methods and Innovative Problem Solving – by Prof Ravi Poovaiah
- Information Structuring and Ordering – Introduction to Information Theory by Ravi Poovaiah
- Talk: Information Order and Hierarchy – by Prof Mandar Rane
- Communication Design – Introduction to Identity, Semantics and Communication Theory Ravi Poovaiah
- Talk: Digital Typography By Girish Dalvi
- Expressive Typography By G.V. Sreekumar
- Principles of Animation and Narratives/Storytelling Prof. Phani Tetali
- Information Visualisation By R Venkatesh
- Introduction to Usability Studies Prof. Anirudha Josh
Last Saturday I attended a discussion forum with all the teaching staff of Velammal Institute of Technology, Chennai. Predominantly Computer Science + IT department professors were the target audience.
Few interesting points which came out was
- How to make the student study interestingly to all the subject?
- What courses will help them to grasp good job?
- What is industries R&D team infrastructure?
- How to inspire the students?
- What is the current generations students day to activities?
I gave an inspirational tech talk to students from 100 over colleges gathered in National Engineering College, Kovilpatti.
My presentation covered a range of sub topics like
- Latest technology trends in android
- How to prepare themselves for the android IT market
- How to upgrade and keep up to date knowledge savvy
- Corporate specific interview tips
- Hot to make use of internet to build their online footprint
- Why to do a real, real time project ( without buying them from a computer center)
- Department wise software and certification courses to be learned.
After the tech talk inaugurated (launched) their portal which was exclusively built to serve student project related needs.
Unity together for UX is a Yearly UX meetup event by iNatutix.
I and my Verizon designers Prashanth and Rajesh participated this event. In the morning session there was an open challenge to team How to leverage the latest technologies to enhance the experience of the current tech savvy employees. So the it will become a win win situation for both employees as well as organisations.
- Duration – 3 hours
- Process to be followed – Design Thinking.
- Interviewed an employee
- Created a persona
- Created a user journey map – identified the pain points
- Created a idea infographic to address each paint points with solutions
- Created a paper prototype for mobile app + wearable gadget
- 10 minutes presentation
- moved to the second round
- 3 minutes presentation
- judges marks + live voting from participants
- we grabbed the first price
We learnt a lot from the 2 inspirational speaker
- Prahalad Kakkar
Award winneing ad film director
- Ashley Blankette
Head UX, BNY Mellon, Pittsburgh
Senior Web Designer
Jun 2000 – Dec 2002
Bangalore, India (Head office: CA, USA)
With this company I was working as a Senior Web Designer. Sunrise Interactive will do software development and web development. Head office was located in CA, USA
– Made complicated requirements to easy to use User Interfaces for US market
– Managed the requirement gathering, information architecture and visual design for several (25+) e-commerce portals for US market
1. Paper Prototype
2. Excel Wire-frame
3. JPEG Mockups
4. HTML Prototypes
5. UI Reviews
6. Corporate Identities
7. Designed Attractive Online Contest